Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to us; therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data Medexter may collect, how Medexter uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
1. Through our websites, Medexter will not collect any personal data about you (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g., by registration, survey), respectively, provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
2. When you do provide us with personal data, we usually use it to respond to your inquiry, process your order, or provide you access to specific information or offers. Also, to support our customer relationship with you: we may store and process personal data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services; or we (or a third party on our behalf) may use personal data to contact you about a Medexter offer in support of your business needs or to conduct online surveys to understand better our customers’ needs. If you choose not to have your personal data used to support our customer relationship (especially direct marketing or market research), we will respect your choice. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
3. Medexter will collect, use, or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected, or is necessary to prepare, negotiate, and perform a contract with you, or is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities, or is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Medexter websites or information technology systems.
4. Through your use of telecommunications services to access our websites, your communications data (e.g., IP address) or utilization data (e.g., information on the beginning, end, and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing, and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable legal framework regarding data privacy protection.
5. When you access our websites, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g., type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the websites from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our websites and improve their performance or content.
6. When you view one of our websites, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your computer next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor a website to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
7. Medexter will not knowingly collect personal data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child. The definition of “child” or “children” should take into account applicable laws as well as national and regional cultural customs.
8. To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Medexter uses technical and organizational security measures.
9. Medexter websites contain links to other websites. Medexter is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.